Join your neighbors on Thursday, October 6th at 7 pm for the Ocean Park Civic League Meeting! We will be meeting at the Brock Center. A Social with refreshments begins at 6:30. All are welcome! City Council Candidate and incumbent John Moss will introduce himself and take questions. School Board Candidate and incumbent Carolyn Weems will also address residents and answer questions. (In person attendance for the Thursday meeting is strongly recommended. The Zoom audio capture was improved for the last meeting but for the best experience- come and join in! Zoom.us October OPCL meeting register. )
Princess Anne Independent News has published a questionnaire for 2022 Virginia Beach candidates:
- What are your specific goals for this office?
- What is the most important issue facing the city and how will you address it in office?
- What are your three main policy priorities?
- Should city services such as water and sewer be extended south of Indian River Road to promote development of rural communities?
- Do you support the Agricultural Reserve Program? Should its dedicated funding be maintained at a consistent level?
- Do you believe non-farming businesses should be allowed on agriculturally zoned land in the rural area of the city?
- Do you support the city’s successful appeal of the voting rights case…
- It is likely the new City Council will need to reconsider our local voting system following the Holloway v. VB reversal in the appeals court. How should the council do this while engaging citizens?
- How should the city address concerns about sea level rise and recurrent flooding aside from projects funded via last year’s referendum?
- Has the city done enough to help the restaurant and hospitality industry recover from shutdowns related to the pandemic?
Read the Candidates’ answers on the Princess Anne Independent News Website: Princess Anne Ind News 2022-guide
September General Meeting Minutes: September General Meeting Minutes