Minutes from the meeting can be reviewed here: Nov 5 General Meeting-Minutes-draft.doc
The slate for the 2021 OPCL Board was presented to the membership for a vote.
- President: Danny Murphy “I am a native of Virginia Beach and longtime resident of Shore Drive. I graduated from both Virginia Wesleyan University and Old Dominion University. While I spent 20 years in corporate marketing, I’ve also owned several small businesses in the area including currently Gateaux Bakery & Cafe. I am serving my current term as Vice President of OPCL. My goals for the civic league are to improve safety, quality of life and reinforce the community spirit which binds our neighborhood.”
- Vice President: Andrea Lindemann “After 30 years of nomadic military life, we settled down in Ocean Park because it was everything we hoped to find in a community -the feeling of a real neighborhood and a beautiful beach. I’d like to help however I can to preserve this lovely unique place. I have been the Membership Chairperson for 2020, I am the Northside rep now and I work on the website. (I also have Ocean Park t-shirts and sweatshirts in my garage for sale!)”
- Secretary: Betty Demers “I have been a resident of Virginia Beach since 1976 and a resident of Ocean Park since 2012. My five sons and their families all live in Virginia Beach, so I am a very lucky grandmother! I am a retired educator, and I enjoy being involved in my community and currently serve as both OPCL Secretary and Chair of the Scholarship Committee. If elected, this would be my second full elected term in this position.”
- Treasurer: Blake Norris “I’ve been semi-retired since 2017. I’ve lived in Ocean Park for 5 years. I lived in Great Neck for 30 years. I have two grown and married children and we will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in April 2021. I have been OPCL Treasurer for 3+ years.”
- Northside Rep: Mary Noonan “I’ve lived in Virginia Beach for 21 years, and have been a resident of Ocean Park since 2016. I think we live in the most naturally beautiful neighborhood in the city and I’m interested in helping to keep it that way. If elected, this would be my first term in this position.”
- Southside Rep: Brian Snyder Brian Snyder lives in Ocean Park with his wife Jenny and son Creighton. You’ll see them outside year round enjoying the beach, Pleasure House Point, and surrounding trails with their dog Kona. Brian is a graduate of Virginia Tech and a partner at Clark Nexsen, working as a structural engineer and project manager.
- At Large Rep: Don Caskie: “I’ve lived in Ocean Park nine years and absolutely love living here! I feel fortunate and blessed, as I have the best neighbors one could ask for. Belonging to the OP Board gives me the opportunity to meet new people and make a difference in our neighborhood.”
- At Large Rep: Jill Doczi Jill Doczi writes and edits in public relations, marketing and journalism, in addition to organization project management for special events. She has started and run two farmers markets to further her mission of supporting local food producers and the availability of fresh food to the community. She also invests heavily in the Ocean Park neighborhood and surrounding area by volunteering as the fireworks chairperson for about a decade, previously writing, designing and editing the Ocean Park Echo newsletter for a decade and participating in civic league activities. She truly appreciates the majority of her neighbors and how lucky we are to live in this magical neighborhood by the bay. She has resided in Virginia Beach-her home since the end of high school-and has lived in two locations in Ocean Park since moving here just after college. She enjoys overseeing her postage stamp of property by the bay, while defending her “urban farmstead” from squirrels.
- Past President: Ryan Cochran “I’ve been a resident of Ocean Park for almost 4 years since moving from NC. I’ve been happy to serve as Vice President in 2019 and President during 2020. During a challenging year with COVID, I have ensured the league has continued with virtual meetings. Especially during a busy year with new Development Proposals and Short-Term Rentals. I plan to continue to represent and support Ocean Park as a Board member.”